Developing Good Guitar Technique

Posted by John Hughes | 10:34 PM

Learning good guitar technique is an essential part of your development as a player.

If you have been teaching yourself how to play guitar up to this point their is a good chance that you probably have picked up some bad habits along the way.

In my own playing I have been aware of a bad habit that has haunted me for years. For those of you who must know; my problem is that I sometimes start an alternate picking sequence with an up stroke rather than a down stroke. It's not usually a problem until I encounter a lick that could have been executed faster by starting with a down stroke.

I remember my first guitar teacher pointing this habit out to me, but he never really enforced correcting it and I was too young to really care. So if your thinking that this stuff isn't important to you yet believe me it is. Taking the time to get it right now will save you from any future headaches and a fortune on pain medicine. : ) Simply put, developing good guitar technique is more important and easier in the beginning.

This is why I stress to you; develop good playing habits early on before you find your self stuck in your ways.

Developing good guitar technique is easy with the Jamorama guitar e-course.

Become a master of guitar scales.

0 comments