I have been teaching guitar for about three years now and it seems in the last couple of months I have been asked several times by potential students what is the advantage of taking lessons with me over taking them online. Online electric guitar lessons were not an option when I was budding guitarist so I couldn't really answer their questions. I decided to look into it thinking I would be able to punch holes in these lesson plans but what I found was a little scary, at least from a guitar instructors point of view. Below I will share with you what I found to be true about online electric guitar lessons.

The first thing I noticed about online electric guitar lessons is that it was rather nice to be able to sit at home and practice. I did not have to pack up my guitar and take it to the teachers house or studio and I could spend the time it takes to get there playing instead of driving.

Another advantage of being at home is you feel more comfortable. Their is no pressure from your instructor to play it right. After all we do expect you to practice what we tell teach you. With online electric guitar lessons I could see how it would make it easier for younger students to develop more confidence in their playing.

The online electric guitar lessons I reviewed surprised me. Although most of the topics were not new to me I did find a lot of innovative methods for teaching the material to students. In fact I have started using some of the techniques I found on my own students and I am some what ashamed to say that they are advancing faster using the methods from the online electric guitar lessons then my own.

Lastly, the real shocker to me was the amount of money a student would have to pay for one of these online electric guitar lessons. I currently charge my students $25 an hour and most of them visit me once a week. During my research I purchased 4 different online electric guitar lesson packages for under $200 dollars and each one was filled with enough information to keep the average student busy for 6 months to a year. I'm sure you can do the math on this one.

Online electric guitar lessons are definitely catching on and they have some major advantages. No lugging your equipment around, no pressure and solid learning material for a fraction of the cost are just the beginning of what I found. So for the students who asked me about online electric guitar lessons; well I hope they never read this because I'm sure as hell not going to tell the about it. At least not until I develop my own online program. He! He! A man's got to eat right?

Here is one of the best online electric guitar lessons you can get your hands on right now.

1 comments
  1. Unknown October 29, 2007 at 5:53 AM  

    The free guitar video lessons are generally 5-10 minute video lessons that discuss certain techniques, scales, and licks. You wil also find tabs for each lesson and some audio examples and can find ample of videos in this site.