I have been teaching guitar for about three years now and it seems in the last couple of months I have been asked several times by potential students what is the advantage of taking lessons with me over taking them online. Honestly I didn't really know what it was like to learn how to play the electric guitar online. When I was a boy I had taken traditional lessons from the local music store by my house. The whole learn how to play the electric guitar online thing was not very big in the early nineties so to answer this question I would have to do some research. This article will tell you the shocking truth to what we found.

To give an honest opinion of available learn how to play the electric guitar online courses I had to suck it up and buy a few of them. I thought this would be an expensive experiment, but I was shocked to find that for under $200 I was able to buy four different programs. While taking private lessons I used to pay $40 dollars a week.

I began reading through the course books. Each guitar program seemed to have a secret learning technique or method that the author claimed would transform any player in a matter of weeks. The only logical step at this point was to test these methods out.

I began using each of the four courses on a different student of mine to see what kind of progress they would make. After a month 3 of my students hadn't made any drastic improvements although a 2 of them did comment that they were enjoying the lessons a little more. However the 4th student made considerable progress, unlike any I have ever seen. He made remarkable improvements in the first week and is now learning things in a weeks time that is taking the others months to perfect. Some people might say he just has more talent, but I too have applied the techniques and have noticed an improvement in my own playing. Talent or not, this technique is worth its weight in gold.

I now show this technique to all my students and guard the secret that I really got the idea from the internet with my life. Students still ask from time to time if it would be better to learn how to play the electric guitar online, and when they do I quickly change the subject knowing that if they discovered my secrets I might have to seek a new profession.

For advice on finding an online lesson plan visit my lens on Squidoo here.

Also check out the Top Three Online Guitar Courses Below:

#1 JAMORAMA

#2 UNLOCK THE GUITAR

#3 GUITAR TUTOR PRO

1 comments
  1. Unknown August 13, 2009 at 1:18 AM  

    Thanks for the information you shared, this is a big help. Aside from it I also hope that you also have tips for the other instrument or tips to learn to play musical instruments.